Python 2.7

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Apr 16 02:53:19 EDT 2016

a3a95797 <a3a95797 at telus.net> writes:

> I wish to have python 2.7 on a computer. I have not been able to get a
> working copy to work on my machine.

Welcome! Thank you for learning Python.

Please be aware that Python 2.7 is a dead end today. It will never get
any new features, and only bug fixes will ever be made. Even that will
stop in a few years.

If you do not have a highly compelling reason to use that old version,
you should not be writing any new code in Python 2.

Instead, get the latest Python 3 for your computer and learn Python that
way.

> I am prepared to follow instructions or to pay someone to install
> Python on my computer. Either the Debian or the Windows operating
> system is satisfactory.

The Debian package manager will install Python 3 for you, just install
the ‘python3’ package.

> I am prepared to pay a company or person to reach my goal of
> programming with Python.

Good hunting, and feel free to ask questions as you learn. You will
probably want to join the “tutor” forum for collaborative tutoring
<URL:https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor>.

--
 \      “Contentment is a pearl of great price, and whosoever procures |
  `\        it at the expense of ten thousand desires makes a wise and |