Static files load problem Django 1.9

justin walters walters.justin01 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:24:29 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 5:13 AM, asimkon . <asimkostas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have got a problem with static files regarding Django 1.9. These files
> are (js,css)  in the standard folder static, inside project folder
> directory. I got an error Http 404 that can not be loaded.
>
> Project folder / static / css / several files *.css
>                     /static / js / several files   *.js
>                      several_apps
>
> i have executed the python manage.py collectstatic
>
> settings.py
>
> STATIC_URL = '/static/'
>
> STATIC_ROOT = os.path.join(BASE_DIR, "static")
>
> STATICFILES_DIRS = (
>
>     os.path.join(BASE_DIR, 'static'),
> )
>
> and of course  as INSTALLED_APPS
>
> 'django.contrib.staticfiles',
>
> Sorry for my template (at the beginning of my work):
>
> {% load  staticfiles %}

>     <head>
>         <link rel="stylesheet"  href="{% static 'css/jquery-ui.css' %}">
>         <link rel="stylesheet"  href="{% static 'css/ui.jqgrid.css' %}">
>         <script src="{% static 'js/jquery-1.11.0.min.js' %}"
> type="text/javascript"> </script>
>         <script src="{% static 'js/jquery.jqGrid.min.js' %}"
> type="text/javascript"> </script>
>         <script src="{% static 'js/grid.locale-el.js' %}"
> type="text/javascript"> </script>
>         <script src="{% static 'js/category.js' %}" type="text/javascript">
> </script>
>     </head>

> but i am afraid the problem lies in urls.py (i do not know what to do)
>
> http://127.0.0.1:8000/static/css/file_name  (in the firebug  network) but
> can not open it directly via server.
>
> urls.py
>
> urlpatterns = [
>     url(r'^admin/', admin.site.urls),
>     url(r'^hello/','category.views.hello'),
> ]
>

> Any kind of help would be convenient to me?
>
> Kind Regards
> Kostas Asimakopoulos
> --

You shouldn't need a special pattern in your urls for static files.

I think your issue lies with your STATIC_ROOT setting. It is the same as
your STATICFILES_DIRS setting.

Try changing the STATIC_ROOT setting to:

STATIC_ROOT = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(BASE_DIR), 'static')

This will put the static root outside of your project folder. This may
solve your problem, and will make it easier to host static files somewhere
else on your server or in a CDN if need be.