How to print a part of a string?

Dan Strohl D.Strohl at F5.com
Fri Apr 15 10:27:38 EDT 2016

As with lots of things in python, there are lots of ways of approaching this, here are some hints for you to think about (in no particular order):

- REGEX
- replace()
- string[:y]
- split()

And of course, you could consider creating a table with every possible string that could start with "ABC", and it's matching non-"ABC" string, then lookup the string in the table and get your match, it's a bit brute forcey, but it would work (eventually) <grin>

Good luck in your homework!

Dan