how to setup for localhost:8000

Dan Strohl D.Strohl at F5.com
Thu Apr 14 17:14:05 EDT 2016

If you got an empty page with no errors (and no warnings trying to get there...) it is likely that your server is working, and you are trying to access it correctly, but the server is not serving anything.  Most of the time, if the server is not present, you will get a timeout error saying the browser could not connect to server xxx. Or the site can't be reached, or something.

I am not however much of an expert in figuring out WHY it isn't showing anything  (I used a different lib for http servers), but I am sure someone else on this list is.  I can only tell you that you probably at least launched the server correctly.

Have you tried the example on the page in the docs? (about 3/4 of the way down).
https://docs.python.org/3/library/http.server.html

If that doesn't work, it's possible you have a firewall or browser rule blocking something... and it if does work, you can look back at your code to see what might be wrong.  (I suggest playing with the log_request, log_error, and log_message parameters to figure out what is happening.)

OF course, that all assumes that someone else smarter than I on this list doesn't come forth and just say... "well, just do this, and poof, all  will be good".

Sorry it's not more.

Dan