Convert input to upper case on screen as it is typed

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Apr 14 03:53:20 EDT 2016

Gregory Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

> You might be able to do something with the termios module
> to put the tty driver into the appropriate mode.
>
> If you do that, you'll have to be careful to set it back
> again before the program exits for any reason, otherwise
> your shell session will be messed up.

Thank you both.

Okay, ‘termios.tcgetattr’ will let me preserve the attributes, and with
Dan Sommers's suggestion of which attribute to use, I may have a shot at
setting the terminal attributes.

Then with a top-level exception handler I can clean up by restoring the
saved attributes with ‘termios.tcsetattr’.

I will investigate along those lines.

--
 \       “Some people have a problem, and they think “I know, I'll use |
  `\     Perl!”. Now they have some number of problems but they're not |