Convert input to upper case on screen as it is typed

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Apr 14 01:17:24 EDT 2016

Dan Sommers <dan at tombstonezero.net> writes:

> On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 13:25:14 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > How can my Python program convert the user's keyboard input to upper
> > case, as though the user has CAPS LOCK enabled?
>
> I don't know which OS you're using, but if I run "stty olcuc" in my
> Linux shell, then the input driver does that for me.

Thanks for the suggestion. I need a solution that is specific to the
Python program: it should only affect this program, and should not need
anything special done to the terminal when invoking the program.

--
 \            “The whole area of [treating source code as intellectual |
  `\    property] is almost assuring a customer that you are not going |