How to XOR a byte output?

durgadevi1 srirajarajeswaridevikrupa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 09:18:22 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I have a doubt regarding a problem.

First, I am required to read a given file.

The output from the file is given below:

b'$//W?\xc0\x829\xa2\xb9\x13\x8c\xd5{\'

I used the type() to identify the class and its a byte class.

I saw many \x and thought it might be hex.

So, I used binascii.hexlify() and got the following output:
b'242f2f573fc08239a2b9138cd57b'

Now, this output is being encrypted and I need to perform an XOR operation on it in order to retrieve a secret message.

But, I'm not sure how to code the XOR operation. How do I code that?

Thank you.

PS: I'm not sure if I have done any mistake along the way. That's why I have mentioned all the steps that I've done. Let me know if I have done any step wrongly. :)