The reason I uninstalled Python 3.5.1 (32-bit) for Windows

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Apr 13 04:21:07 EDT 2016

On 13/04/2016 03:57, Jason Honeycutt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am providing feedback as to why I just uninstalled Python. I could not
> use pip. My command line would not recognize pip.exe as a file, even though
> I could see the file listed when I type "dir" in the Scripts folder.
>
> I tried to repair Python; however, then the file did not show up at all.
>
> I'm going to try to download the 64-bit version and see if that helps.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post, Jason. We very much need to get
some better support for the 3.5 install on Windows where many things
have been changed (including the entire installation mechanism) and
which is using the bleeding edge of Visual Studio *and* WiX. However,
until we get around to that...

If you just want to get moving with Python (and you're having problems
with the 3.5 install as you are) just use the 3.4 installer -- unless
you specifically want 3.5 features.

If you definitely want the 3.5 install, and you have no joy with the
python.org installers, you might want to consider the Anaconda installer:

  https://www.continuum.io/downloads

which is built differently and (probably) doesn't have the same

Obviously we need to understand and fix our own installer issues (or at
least to document what problems are) but in the meantime I hope one of
those suggestions is fruitful for you.

TJG