Most probably a stupid question, but I still want to ask

Fillmore fillmore_remove at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 00:03:06 EDT 2016

On 04/10/2016 11:54 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:48 pm, Fillmore wrote:
>

>> funny, but it seems to me that you are taking it personally... thank god i
>> even apologized in advance for what was most probably a stupid question..
>
> I hope you did get a laugh out of it, because it wasn't meant to be nasty.
> But it was meant to get you to think about statements about betraying
> principles and other inflammatory remarks.

I did have a laugh.

I don't think I talked about betraying principles. I just mentioned that in my newbie
mind, I experienced what I perceived as a discontinuity. My limited understanding of
what builds tuples and the (almost always to be avoided) use of eval() were the origin
of my perplexities.

I'll make sure I approach the temple of pythonistas bare-footed and with greater humility next time