Most probably a stupid question, but I still want to ask

Stephen Hansen me+python at ixokai.io
Sun Apr 10 20:32:43 EDT 2016

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016, at 05:17 PM, Fillmore wrote:
> On 04/10/2016 07:30 PM, Stephen Hansen wrote:
>
> > There's nothing inconsistent or surprising going on besides you doing
> > something vaguely weird and not really expressing what you find
> > surprising.
>
> well, I was getting some surprising results for some of my data, so I can
> guarantee that I was surprised!

The point is you are not saying *what* is surprising. Nothing in your
example code looks the least bit surprising to me, but I've been using
Python for ages. If you're surprised by something, say *what* surprises
you at the very least.

But to repeat what I said that you didn't quote: the thing you need to
understand is that parentheses do not create tuples, commas do.

Parentheses only group things together.

--Stephen
m e @ i x o k a i . i o