Most probably a stupid question, but I still want to ask

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Apr 10 19:04:25 EDT 2016

Fillmore <fillmore_remove at hotmail.com> writes:

> let's look at this:

Can you set a “Subject” field that pertains to the actual question? As
is, it doesn't help know what you want to discuss.

> the question is: at which point did the language designers decide to
> betray the "path of least surprise" principle and create a
> 'discontinuity' in the language?

This, also, doesn't help us know what the question is.

Please describe what you expect that code to do, and if possible what it
is that surprises you about its behaviour.

--
 \       “Repetition leads to boredom, boredom to horrifying mistakes, |
  `\       horrifying mistakes to God-I-wish-I-was-still-bored, and it |