Change Windows Tkinter after some time

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Apr 10 14:11:00 EDT 2016

On 4/10/2016 9:36 AM, Diego Lelis wrote:
> I need to make a change between windows, after some time. But i am
> have a little bit of trouble making my code work: My windows change
> only when i click on button, i tried to put lambda in my command and
> also don't work.

I and others have written multiple answers on Stackoverflow about making
root.after work.  I suggest that you search "[tkinter] root.after" there.

[snip somewhat baroque code]

I urge you to read SO's "How to create a Minimal, Complete, and
Verifiable example" https://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve
This not only helps you write questions that get answers, but may help
you find the problem yourself.

I believe that all the stuff with .now and datetime deltas is
inessential noise. The initial parameter to .after is a integer
millisecond delta. All the font stuff is irrelevant to the problem, so
is some other stuff in your code.

I think you problem is that you never call root.after to start the
process going.

--
Terry Jan Reedy