Moderation and Usenet

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Apr 10 14:00:15 EDT 2016

On 4/10/2016 1:05 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:

> If you see offensive posts from him  on the Usenet side please do not
> respond.

Just a reminder for those who, like me, prefer a newsgroup interface for
python-list: gmane.comp.python.general at news.gmane.org mirrors the
moderated output of python-list.  (Gmane does the same for 1000s of
tecnhical lists.)  I believe that posts submitted from gmane are sent to
the list *first*, and never appear on the gmane mirror until they appear
on the list.  Thus one will not see and cannot accidentally respond to a
post that did not appear on the list.  One gets the benefits of list
moderation without a flooded mailbox.

--
Terry Jan Reedy