Repair??

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Sat Apr 9 11:23:12 EDT 2016

----- Original message -----
From: Amaya McLean <mcleamay219 at gotvdsb.ca>
To: Random832 <random832 at fastmail.com>
Subject: Re: Repair??
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 10:41:52 -0400

How, specifically, are you installing Python? There are many ways, and
> we can't guess which you use.
> I'm trying to install Python on my laptop, from python.org
> Which particular Python installation have you obtained? From what
> specific URL? Python is available from many sources and we can't guess
> which you obtained.
> https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-351/
I tried to download the Windows x86 executable installer
<https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.5.1/python-3.5.1.exe>
> Onto which platform? Python is available for many, and we can't guess
> which is relevant to your case.
>  Windows 10
> > I try to run it
>
> How do you try to run it? What action do you do? We can't guess that
> either.
> When I first downloaded it, it said "run", so I clicked that and it
brought me to a screen that gave me an option to modify, repair, or
uninstall.. I tried to repair it several times, but every time I ran it,
the same screen opened up. I also tried to run it by just using the
shortcut. That might be the problem, but I'm not really sure, to be
honest