(Python 3.5) Asyncio and an attempt to run loop.run_until_complete() from within a running loop

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Sat Apr 9 01:08:52 EDT 2016

"Alexander Myodov"  wrote in message
news:33e44698-2625-47c4-9595-00a8c79f27ad at googlegroups.com...

> Hello.

> TLDR: how can I use something like loop.run_until_complete(coro), to
> execute a coroutine synchronously, while the loop is already running?

I am no expert, but does this help?

"If you're handling coroutines there is an asyncio facility for "background
tasks".  asyncio.ensure_future() will take a coroutine, attach it to a Task,
and return a future to you that resolves when the coroutine is complete."

This advice was given to me a while back when I wanted to run a background
task. It works perfectly for me.

Frank Millman