Python 3.4 problem with requests module

1leefig at gmail.com 1leefig at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:00:52 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I would appreciate any thoughts that you may have regarding a troublesome build error. I am at my wits end.

For some strange reason a get a single error on importing. It's to do with the requests module and pyopenssl.py

The comment block indicates:
This needs the following packages installed:

* pyOpenSSL (tested with 0.13)
* ndg-httpsclient (tested with 0.3.2)
* pyasn1 (tested with 0.1.6)

I have done this.

The requests module then imports:
from __future__ import absolute_import

try:
    from ndg.httpsclient.ssl_peer_verification import SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT
    from ndg.httpsclient.subj_alt_name import SubjectAltName as BaseSubjectAltName
except SyntaxError as e:
    raise ImportError(e)

import OpenSSL.SSL
from pyasn1.codec.der import decoder as der_decoder
from pyasn1.type import univ, constraint
from socket import _fileobject, timeout, error as SocketError

But I get a python exception on this last line:

ImportError was unhandled by user code
Message: cannot import name '_fileobject'

I am running Python 3.4 and had no problems previously.

I am not sure if its to do with the csv fetcher functionality and have tried everything.

Thanks