MySQL - Django can not display international characters

asimkon . asimkostas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 06:26:13 EDT 2016

I have connected successfully MySQL with Django after installing MySQL
module via easy_install command. But unfortunately I have a problem setting
mysql db to properly recognise greek characters in django. In my setting.py
file I have included the following options:

'OPTIONS': { 'charset': 'utf8', 'use_unicode': True, }, } instead of utf8
in the charset I tried using windows-1253 and iso-8859-1 but with no
results.

I have stored database records successfully in greek via CMD, but when i
try to do the opposite in CMD again via ORM i get strange characters. Any
kind of help?

Regards
Kostas Asimakopoulos