Promoting Python

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Apr 8 02:09:24 EDT 2016

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 05:19 pm, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> First, terminology disputes are pointless.

I agree! There's nothing I like more than sitting in front of a blazing open
fire (or even just a warm heater) on a cold winter's evening, drinking a
nice mug of piping hot terminology dispute. Sometimes I put marshmallows in
it. That makes it even more pointless.

I have to be careful around my wife though, she's life-threateningly
allergic to all dispute products. (Technically, she can eat white dispute,
so long as it is 100% cocoa-free, but she doesn't see the point.)

.
.
.
.

Having trouble understanding what the hell I'm talking about? That's what
happens when somebody in a conversation is using unexpected terminology. To
the extent that terminology disputes resolve misuses and misunderstandings
about terminology, they simplify communication and make it easier to
communicate, not harder. The very opposite of pointless.

--
Steven