Promoting Python

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Wed Apr 6 07:46:08 EDT 2016

BartC <bc at freeuk.com>:

> But you don't have to use classes, exceptions, decorators, generators,
> iterators, closures, comprehensions, meta classes, ... the list of
> meaningless buzzwords just goes on.

Also, you don't have to use the letter "e" in your identifiers or the
number 2 anywhere in your programs.

Really, there's only one high-level construct you can't live without:
the "while" statement. Virtually every Python program has at least one
"while" statement, and in general, it is unavoidable.

Basic programs, on the other hand, don't need that meaningless buzzword,
but can live just fine with GOTO.

> It'll cope with ordinary coding as well, although such programs seem
> to be frowned upon here; they are not 'Pythonic'.

I wonder what is left of Python after your list of exclusions.

Marko