Best Practices for Internal Package Structure

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Apr 5 19:38:03 EDT 2016

On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 04:40 am, Ethan Furman wrote:

> Well, there should be one more module:
>
>    test.py
>
> So in total, two files
>
> bidict/
> |-- __init__.py
> |-- test.py

Your test code shouldn't necessarily be part of the package though. If I
already have a package, then I will usually stick the test code inside it,
but if I have a single module, I keep the test code in a separate file and
don't bother installing it. It's there in the source repo for those who
want it.

> will do the trick.  Oh, and you want a README, LICENSE, a doc file.  And
> that should do it.  :)

None of which ought to be part of the package itself. Well, perhaps the
README.

--
Steven