Install request

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 16:15:15 EDT 2016

On 05/04/2016 16:56, Igor Korot wrote:
>   Hi, python community,
> Recently there was a huge number of e-mail stating that the python
> installer does not work.
>
> When asked about it, people reveal that they wee using Windows and
> they were getting
> errors about missing DLL.
>
> I know for a fact that in the InstallShield it is possible to detect
> the OS you are trying
> to install on.
>
> So, here is my request: if its not possible to include the DLL in
> question in the installer,
> can the installer check for the OS version and ask the user to go to
> Microsoft.com,
> download and install the library?
>
> It looks like people don't want to use their common sense and just
> wanted to waste
> everybody's time by asking what went wrong instead of just download
> the dll executable
> from MS site and install it.
>
> Can something like this be done to eliminate those questions in the
> future and let people
> concentrate on the real python issues?
>
> Thank you.

I fail to see why anybody in the Python community should put themselves
out to answer a question for someone who is too bone idle to do any
research in the first place, especially when the question has been asked
and answered repeatadly over a period of months.  For those who
disagree, they can provide the patches, or the edits to a wiki as
appropriate.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence