Request to mailing list Python-list rejected

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Apr 5 15:12:38 EDT 2016

On 05/04/2016 08:34, Oscar Benjamin wrote:
> On 5 Apr 2016 03:50, <python-list-owner at python.org> wrote:
>>
>> Your request to the Python-list mailing list
>>
>>      Posting of your message titled "Re: Plot/Graph"
>>
>> has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
>> following reason for rejecting your request:
>>
>> "Your message was too big; please trim unnecessary content."
>>
>> Any questions or comments should be directed to the list administrator
>> at:
>>
>>      python-list-owner at python.org
>
> When did this start happening?
>
> The message in question includes a big block of code posted by someone else
> as context. My comment was that the code was incomplete so I felt it
> reasonable to include it as context.

It wasn't I who rejected it, but for accuracy's sake: the list does in
fact have an upper size limit, beyond which posts are automatically held
for moderation. My own policy is -- if the post is clearly pukka as I
imagine yours would have been -- to let it through. Presumably in this
case one of the other moderators was feeling rather more zealous and
decided to bounce it. I'll let him speak for himself if he wishes.

TJG