python script for .dat file

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:07:14 EDT 2016

On 5 April 2016 at 16:44, Muhammad Ali <muhammadaliaskari at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 8:30:27 AM UTC-7, Joel Goldstick wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Muhammad Ali
>> <muhammadaliaskari at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Could any body tell me a general python script to generate .dat file after the extraction of data from more than 2 files, say file A and file B?
>> >
>> > Or could any body tell me the python commands to generate .dat file after the extraction of data from two or more than two files?
>> >
>> > I have to modify some python code.
>>
>> What exactly is a .dat file? and how is it different from any other
>> file? Is it binary or text data?
>
> It is text data.

You haven't provided enough information for someone to answer your
question. This is a text mailing list so if a .dat file is text then
you can paste here an example of what it would look like. What would
be in your input files and what would be in your output files? What
code have you already written?

If the file is large then don't paste its entire content here. Just
show an example of what the data would look like if it were a smaller
file (maybe just show the first few lines of the file).

Probably what you want to do is easily achieved with basic Python
commands so I would recommend to have a look at a tutorial. There are
some listed here:
https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

Also the tutor mailing list is probably more appropriate for this
level of question:

Oscar