Request Help With Function

Wildman best_lay at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 20:38:55 EDT 2016

On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 21:02:53 +0100, MRAB wrote:

> On 2016-04-04 20:42, Wildman via Python-list wrote:

<snip>

>> launch_help()
>>
> .Popen will accept either a string or a list of strings.
>
> You're giving it a list that contains a string and a list.

Yep, that was my foolish mistake.  Thanks.

> BTW, I don't know what you mean by "you can't pass a list to a
> function", because you can. How were you trying to do it?

The above mistake I made caused me to get a similar error
when I tried to pass the arguments as lists.  I made an
assumption that I should have not made.  After making
the correction Mr. Kelly suggested, I was able to rewrite
the code that way I had it (with the correction), passing
the arguments as lists and it works correctly.

The learning process continues... Thanks again.

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
"Philosophy is common sense with big words."