From email addresses sometimes strange on this list - was Re: [beginner] What's wrong?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:55:02 EDT 2016

On 04/04/2016 08:04 AM, Mark Lawrence via Python-list wrote:
> On 02/04/2016 23:49, Michael Torrie wrote:
>> Mark, your messages are showing up to the list as being from "python,"
>> at least on my email.  Any reason for this?
>>

> Assuming that you're referring to me, frankly I haven't a clue.  I read
> this list with Thunderbird on Windows, I hit "reply" to something, I
> type, I hit "send", job done.  Thereafter, as far as I'm concerned, a
> miracle occurs and hundreds if not thousands of subscribers get to see
> my reply.

Interesting.  The problem is definitely not on your end at all, though I
first noticed this with your recent posts. Other posts are showing up a
bit weirdly too.  The problem appears to be partly in my Thunderbird
client, and partly the mailing list gateway.  And maybe Gmail is
screwing things up too. Usenet-orginating posts look fine.  For example: