Collection: weak error prompt drives beginner crazy

animalize animalize81 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 07:24:49 EDT 2016

An example, the file-name is conflict with library-name in stdlib or
installed library.

There is a file uuid.py that only has two lines:

     import uuid
     print(uuid.uuid4())

Run uuid.py, output on Python 3.5.1:

     Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "D:\uuid.py", line 1, in <module>
         import uuid
       File "D:\uuid.py", line 3, in <module>
         print(uuid.uuid4())
     AttributeError: module 'uuid' has no attribute 'uuid4'

I was spending about an hour to find out what happend when I was a
beginner, and I found I'm not the only one who confused by this problem.

If the prompt can be beginner-friendly a little bit, I think it's a very
good thing.
E.g. says you are importing the file itself, rather than importing other
file or library.