[Beginner] - Hanging in the code, can't figure out what's wrong

Loop.IO thisisink01 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 17:49:25 EDT 2016

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 10:27:16 PM UTC+1, Erik wrote:
> Loop.IO:
>
> On 03/04/16 21:25, Loop.IO wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes, I read your original post. That was days ago.
> >>
> >> The comment I was replying to was you telling BartC that what he had
> >> suggested "didn't work" (with no further information).
> >>
> >> Please pay attention to the context of the email you are responding to.
> >>
> >> E.
> >
> > Erik
> >
> > It was a syntax error. But sure, thanks.
>
> So, you reply to my advisory on how to report your problem by saying
> that your original post said what did happen. Your original post said:
>
> "the code runs and hangs on the create file, and once i press Enter it
> then finishes and creates the file"
>
> But it turns out that "It was a syntax error".
>
> If it was a syntax error, them how did the code run and "hang on the
> create file"?
>
> Don't try to sweep my suggestion (that you should describe your symptoms
> properly) under the carpet. It's a very important lesson to learn for
> people trying to report bugs/issues.
>
> E.

I think you've misunderstood chap

My initial issue didn't have a syntax error, it just hung in the code until I pressed Enter/Return.

I then tried Bartc's solution when I changed my code, which I then replied "it doesn't work", which as you pointed out was unhelpful.

You now seem to be on some sort of rampage as I've already recognised that it was short, and said I got a syntax error upon attempting the new code that Bartc provided. I then said thanks to you for pointing it out, if you want to call that sweeping it under the carpet, then so be it, but the issue was resolved.

That's really the end of the matter, whether you're fishing for some sort of recognition or brownie points I don't know, but try relaxing and taking a step back; the issue is resolved, I'm moving on with the program, I appreciate the replies from everyone (including you) so chill.