[Beginner] - Hanging in the code, can't figure out what's wrong

Loop.IO thisisink01 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 17:07:34 EDT 2016

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 9:21:44 PM UTC+1, BartC wrote:
> On 03/04/2016 20:36, Loop.IO wrote:
> > On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 8:32:06 PM UTC+1, Loop.IO wrote:
>
> >> The issue is that it hangs, there is no error. its like it pauses until i press enter, ill try what you've posted one momen
>

> > Ok the Bartc code gives me an error.
>
> This is confusing! I know you said you fixed the problem now, but if it
> was waiting for the user to press enter, then you still had a raw_input
> or input() call in your code.
>
> You need to get rid of that raw_input(). That was explained early on in
> the thread but perhaps you didn't grasp that you had to use:
>
>    name = '....'
>
> in place of:
>
>    name = raw_input(....)
>
> and not as well as!
>
> (And the 'r' in name = r'....' isn't a different version of raw_input(),
> it's just a way of entering strings without having to type \\ when you
> need \.)
>
> --
> Bartc

Hey Bartc

I'm sorry about getting you confused, I did try that, but it didn't work, maybe it was me, but now I've tried it again it does work.

I've now managed to get the file to be created and write to the file so its all working fine.

The only question left is when I've conducted a search through all the drives for a browser .exe file, how do I take the search results and put them in to a text file, but I guess that's for another thread.