[beginner] What's wrong?

Michael Okuntsov okuntsov.mikhail at yandex.ru
Sun Apr 3 12:24:41 EDT 2016

03.04.2016 20:52, Rustom Mody пишет:

> To really localize python one would have to
> 1. Localize the keywords
> 2. Localize all module names
> 3. Localize all the help strings
> 4. Localize the entire stuff up at https://docs.python.org/3/
> 5. ...
>
> That is probably one or two orders of magnitude more work than
> localizing gimp or Word
>
> So if this is the full goal how far does
> "You can now spell (or misspell) your python identifiers in any language of your choice"
> go towards that goal?

As an OP, can I participate in the discussion? Here in Russia we have a
monstrous bookkeeping system called 1C-Predpriyatiye that is used by
almost all firms and organizations, from kiosks to huge factories. This
system has a Basic-like language with keywords, module names etc.
localized in Russian language, but it has also English, German, and
Ukrainian localizations. I don't want to say that common programming
languages should be like this, but here we have an example that it can
be done.