[beginner] What's wrong?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 2 21:04:05 EDT 2016

On 03/04/2016 01:48, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 07:42 am, Michael Selik wrote:
>
>> Gaming also helps your reaction time. Normally 0.3 ms, but 0.1 ms for top
>> gamers. And fighter pilots.
>
> Does gaming help reaction time, or do only people with fast reaction times
> become top gamers?
>
> Personally, in my experience gaming hurts reaction time. I ask people a
> question, and they don't reply for a week or at all, because they're too
> busy playing games all day.

I must agree.  When you're trying to get the ball away, and 23 stone of
bone and muscle smashes into you, that slows your reaction time.  I am
of course referring to the sport of rugby, not that silly "World
Series", which takes part in only one country, where for some reason
unknown to me they wear huge quantities of armour and need oxygen masks
after they've run a few yards.  What would happen to the poor little
darlings if they had to spend the entire match on the pitch?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence