Django Channels examples

justin walters walters.justin01 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 22:53:52 EDT 2016

To all of my Web developer bros and broettes,

You all should check out this github repo:
https://github.com/andrewgodwin/channels-examples

This is not my repo or my work.

Channels is a package for Django that allows Django to work more easily
with websockets through an asgi interface. The Django devs intend to add
Channels into the core packages with the next major release.

The linked repo contains 2 examples. One is a live blogging application,
and one is a live chat application. I just typed out all of the code to
build the chat application myself and it works well. It was a fun exercise.

If you are interested in websocket applications with Python, I highly
recommend checking it out.

Let me know if this kind of thing does not belong on this list.

I'm just really excited about this.