Strange range

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 18:32:33 EDT 2016

On 01/04/2016 21:44, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Rob Gaddi <rgaddi at highlandtechnology.invalid>:
>
>> Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>>> There's a bit of a cognitive dissonance between iterables and iterators.
>>> On the one hand, they behave identically in many contexts. On the other
>>> hand, the distinction is crucial in some special cases.
>>
>> You're missing a key point.  All (well-behaved) iterators are iterables,
>> with their __iter__ method returning themselves.
>
> I don't know what I'm missing.
>
> Marko

Neither do we, which is why so many threads here belong, eventually, on
comp.lang.theoretical.claptrap.

I remember when we used to have Bots here commenting on the Python
language.  Obviously they've all given up as so much drivel is spouted,
and/or they've gone to join the Norwegian Blue.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence