The next major Python version will be Python 8

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Apr 1 11:36:43 EDT 2016

On Friday 01 April 2016 09:06:20 Gisle Vanem via Python-list wrote:

> Michael Selik wrote:
> > It suddenly occurred to me that if Microsoft announced it's
> > Ubuntu-in-Windows feature today, no one would believe it.
>
> My feeling too, but this was announced 30 March.
> In the video in this link:
>
> http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/03/31/microsoft-brings-bash-on-ubuntu
>-on-windows-10/
>
> they say Python inside Ubuntu-in-Windows works! Ref. time 03:03.
>
> --
> --gv

I am inclined to think that because microsoft just "has to be first" even
when they are last, they chose to do it a full 2 days early.

Me?  I'm from Missouri.  And I don't know of anyone in my neck of the
woods who is running winderz-10 so I could go ask them. Shrug.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)