Error code 0x80070570

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:36:02 EDT 2015

On 9/30/15, Rusiri Jayalath <rusirijayalath92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Error code 0x80070570 appears when installing python 3.5.0 (32-bit) setup
> for my windows 8.1 system. Please help me to solve this problem.

0x80070570 is ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT: the file or directory is corrupted
and unreadable. It could be an intermittent problem with your internet
connection when downloading the required packages. Try using the
non-web installer that already includes most of them [1].

I haven't seen this particular error reported on the issue tracker, so
you might want to submit a new issue. Include a zip of the
installation logs for the most recent failed attempt. They're in your
%TEMP% directory with names like "Python 3.5.0 (32-bit)_*.log".

FYI, the severity/facility code 0x8007 determines that 0x0570 is a
Win32 error code. See HRESULT [2] for an overview of how to decode
HRESULT and NTSTATUS [3] codes. See Win32 Error Codes [4] or System
Error Codes [5] for a list of Win32 errors.

[1]: https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.5.0/python-3.5.0.exe
[2]: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc231198
[3]: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc231200
[4]: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc231199