Linux Mint installation of Python 3.5

John Wong gokoproject at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 13:30:30 EDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Mario Figueiredo <marfig at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Under Linux Mint it is not a good idea to just go ahead and replace the
> system installed Python versions and their packages. And yet I wish to
> both update the 3.4 modules and install Python 3.5. I understand that
> for the first I just need to use virtualenv.

Late to the party but this goes for every system. Never a good idea to
replace system files.
There are tools out there to manage multiple versions of python, you can
give those a try, otherwise I prefer sticking native solution.

This may not be a Python discussion, but I don't think update-alterantives
works for python right? I've used that for Java. Not that this actually
applies for the usage parent is thinking....