Installing Python 3.5 fails

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Wed Sep 30 04:12:59 EDT 2015

In a message of Tue, 29 Sep 2015 21:40:08 -0000, Tom Barnett writes:

>I do have a fresh successful install of Visual Studio 2015 Redistributables installed.
>
>Then I reinstalled Python 3.5 and still now joy.
>
>What am I missing?
>
>Tom

(It's another  missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll)

You are probably doing nothing wrong.  3.5 has a completely new installer.
Are you on Vista by any chance?

You may have this problem
https://bugs.python.org/issue25223
and maybe installing the universal crt update mentioned there will help
you.

If not, open a separate issue in the tracker.

Sorry about this.

Laura