Issue: cannot successfully install Python 3 on Windows 7

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 10:33:27 EDT 2015

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 at 10:22 Gilad Mayani <gilad905 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Python staff,
>
> I am trying to install the latest version of Python 3 on my machine, in
> which I already have Python 2.7.3 installed.
> I did this by downloading the installer from the 'Download Python 3.5.0'
> button from https://www.python.org/downloads/.
> BTW, the installer installs the 32-bit Python version.
>
> The installation seems to run smoothly, but when I try to then open Python
> (by running "py -3" from the command line or opening the Python 3 IDLE)
> I always get this message:
>
>> the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is
>> missing from your computer.
>
> Do you know how this can be solved?

It seems there are some teething problems with Python 3.5 on Windows.
What's happening here is probably a bug in Python 3.5. It would be great if
you could report it to the issue tracker:

    bugs.python.org <http://bugs.python.org/>

In the meantime I suspect that you will have better luck installing Python
3.4.

--
Oscar