Create a .lua fle from Python

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Tue Sep 29 07:42:50 EDT 2015

In a message of Mon, 28 Sep 2015 18:41:09 -0300, Ariel Argañaraz writes:
>Hi,
>This is my first post, I would like to know if a library that can help me
>with this.
>

>I want to parse a XML fle with Python and save the data into a Lua table
>called for example "newTable", then I want to create a "table.lua" fle with
>the "newTable" write on it.
>

>for example:
>
>the XML fle: cities.xml
>
><cities>
>     <city>
>              <name>BuenosAires</name>
>              <temperature>30</temperature>
>      </city>
><city>
>      <name>Seatle</name>
>      <temperature>25</temperature>
></city>
></cities>
>

>And  I want to create a cities_temp.lua file
>
>cities_temps ={
>["Buenos Aires"] = 30,
>["Seatle"] = 25,
>}
>

>Is that posible to do with LUPA (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/lupa)?? In
>the docs I read that you can create lua tables but I did not see if there
>is a way to create a .lua file with that table.
>

>I could do it with python writing to a file line per line but i want some
>more elegant.
>
>Can anyone give some help?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Ariel Argañaraz

Lupa is a partial re-write of lunatic python.
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/lunatic-python
with docs here:
http://labix.org/lunatic-python

and maybe that can do what you want.

But I don't know why you need to involve python at all.  Lua has
perfectly good xml parsers, indeed like python -- perhaps too many
of them.  Can't you just use lua?

Laura