Issue: cannot successfully install Python 3 on Windows 7

Gilad Mayani gilad905 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 05:20:00 EDT 2015

Dear Python staff,

I am trying to install the latest version of Python 3 on my machine, in
which I already have Python 2.7.3 installed.
I did this by downloading the installer from the 'Download Python 3.5.0'
button from https://www.python.org/downloads/.
BTW, the installer installs the 32-bit Python version.

The installation seems to run smoothly, but when I try to then open Python
(by running "py -3" from the command line or opening the Python 3 IDLE)
I always get this message:

> the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is
> missing from your computer.

I have trying a few times via the installer to repair the installation,
uninstall & re-install and restart my computer between the installations.
I also ran Windows updates and tried installing with the Python 3.5.0
Windows x86-64 executable installer (
https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.5.0/python-3.5.0-amd64.exe) instead,
with the same results.

My machine details are:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Build 7601 System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM
CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) BIOS
Version/Date Dell
Inc. A02, 2/3/2011 SMBIOS Version 2.6

Do you know how this can be solved?