Installing pywin32.

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:02:19 EDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 28/09/2015 14:42, Abhiram R wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 1:56 AM,  <ashwath at nanoheal.com> wrote:
>>> I will give the team viewer ID of my machine so can you please
>>> install the pywin32 module to me.

Not going to happen, sorry.

>> It's best if you install it yourself. It isn't really complicated. :)

Seconded.

>> and you'll learn it in the process as well
>> Steps you could possibly Google -
>> 1) installation of Python 3.5 (which i believe is done)
>> 2) set PYTHONPATH in Windows
>> 3) installation of pip on Windows
>
> You can skip 3) as pip can now be automatically installed with Python at
> step 1)

Agreed, as I mentioned in a previous message.  I'll also note that
step 2) is completely unnecessary in most cases (in fact, I have never
set PYTHONPATH on Windows, except where venv did it for me), and in
fact is likely to break things if you have more than one version of
Python installed.  Only set PYTHONPATH once you've determined that
it's actually necessary.

--
Zach