Python IDLE won't start

Cai Gengyang gengyangcai at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 08:03:23 EDT 2015

On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 4:41:54 PM UTC+8, Jacob Chaar wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> So, I download Python 3.5.0 and I while I execute the Python IDLE, it won't start up.  Also, I try to open the python command line and a message error pop up.
>
> If you can help me, it will be really appreciate.
>
> Regards,
> Jacob Chaar

It worked for me ...

Step 1 : Download Python 3.5 from here --- https://www.python.org/downloads/
Step 2 : Install it
Step 3 : Click on the 'IDLE' button --- for me , I am using a Mac so I click on 'Finder', then type IDLE in the search field on the top right corner of the 'Finder'.
Step 4 : Click on the IDLE and it opens up, a happy looking 'Python 3.5.0' shell there. There is however a warning that this version may be unstable. However, I am able to execute commands on it like 1 + 2 = 3