Django (Python Web Framework) Tutorial

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Sat Sep 26 23:45:52 EDT 2015

In <1421a34f-d8cc-4367-adab-2c2b46504d72 at googlegroups.com> Cai Gengyang <gengyangcai at gmail.com> writes:

> Question : I am a little confused about the last paragraph : What exactly
> is a "directory outside of the document root, such as /home/mycode." and
> how do you "Put your code in this directory" ?

Django is a web application framework.  So, you have to use it together with
a web server.  The "document root" is the directory where the web server
expects to find files to be served as web pages.

You said you put the Django project code in a subdirectory of your home
directory.  That should be fine.

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears