Installing pywin32.

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:59:29 EDT 2015

Two notes about local etiquette:

1) Please reply to the list rather than to me directly.  I only
include your address in the cc: in case you aren't subscribed (which
you should be, unless you're reading via the newsgroup), since I don't
recognize you as a regular poster.  I'll soon stop doing so.
2) Please do not top-post.  Rather, add your reply directly beneath
the particular line you're replying to, as I do below.

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:39 AM,  <ashwath at nanoheal.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am pleased with your reply thanks for it.....
> System environment is like this
>
> OS - windows 7 64 bit machine.
> Python - pywin3.5

Where did you get it from?  I don't know of any product named
"pywin3.5".  There's 'pywin32' (as in 'Python interface to Win32',
available from http://pywin32.sourceforge.net/) and Python 3.5 (as in
'CPython 3.5.0 for Windows', available from https://www.python.org/).

> even pip is not installed if I run pip its shows like pip command not found.

Installing pip is an option in the Python 3.5 (and 3.4, and 2.7.10)
installer.  If you didn't select it, it won't be installed.  You can
try running 'python -m ensurepip' to install pip after the main
installation of Python.

> From which path I have to run this python -m pip install pypiwin32

Doesn't matter; as long as the 'python' command can be found and that
Python has pip installed, this command will install pywin32 into the
global site-packages directory of that Python.

Also, I should have directed you to `py -m pip install pypiwin32` to
make use of the Python Launcher, which is always on PATH (if it was
installed, it's also an option in the installer).

--
Zach