Python, convert an integer into an index?

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 11:32:47 EDT 2015

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:43:55 -0700, Chris Roberts wrote:

> results = 134523      #(Integer)

This appears to be an integer expressed (presumably) in base 10 with 6
digits

> Desired:
> results = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 3]   #(INDEX)

This appears to be a python list of 7 elements, with the first and the
the third through seventh elements corresponding to the first and the
second through sixth most significant digits respectively of the
previously discussed integer.

I can't actually see any direct method of creating the list given from
the number given.

However, if I understand the intent of the question you meant to ask, you
might find that the following code does something interesting:

x = 9876543210
y = []

while x > 0:
    y.append(x % 10)