Sqlite pragma statement "locking_mode" set to "EXCLUSIVE" by default

Ryan Stuart ryan.stuart.85 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 00:04:31 EDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 2:24 PM, sol433tt <sol433tt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to have the Sqlite pragma statement "locking_mode" set to
> "EXCLUSIVE" by default (RO database). Does this need to be compiled in? How
> might this be achieved?

You can issue any PRAGA statement you like using the execute method on a
connection as per the documentation (
https://docs.python.org/2/library/sqlite3.html#sqlite3.Connection.execute).
For information on the specific PRAGMA option you need, see
https://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_locking_mode. I can't see any
mention of it being a compile time PRAGMA.

Cheers

> There is some performance to be gained. I have a number of python scripts,
> and don't want to alter the pragma statement for every script. This
> computer never writes to the databases.
>
> thank you
>
> --

Ryan Stuart, B.Eng