A photo/image/video sharing app in Python

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Mon Sep 21 16:34:25 EDT 2015

Am 21.09.15 um 17:16 schrieb Cai Gengyang:
> 2) A system where where the users can then edit these
> photos/images/videos into short , funny cartoons/videos
>
> This one's a bit open-ended, but more importantly, it needs a lot of
> front-end work. Editing images in Python code won't be particularly
> hard; but letting your users choose how those images are put
> together? That's going to require a boatload of JavaScript work. How
> good are you at front-end design and coding?
>
> ---- No experience at all. Guess I'll have to learn Javascript to do
> this. I'll also need the capability to let users edit their
> photos/images and videos into great looking real-time cartoons based
> on themes
 >
> (what technologies would I need to learn to create this?)

Magic.

Seriously, have you already seen a software which does approximately the
image editing that you have in mind? If not, chances are that it is not
possible or possible only by a group of experts. Drawing a cartoon is
not a thing that a computer can do easily, much less if the only input
is a photograph. Currently, cartoons are made by humans using computers,
not by an algorithm.

If you can make it work, you'll be a star on SIGGRAPH (a conference
about image processing).

	Christian