Getting PyCharm to import sklearn

edanmizrahi at gmail.com edanmizrahi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:12:12 EDT 2015

On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 9:00:16 AM UTC-7, Joel Goldstick wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 11:27 AM,  <edanm... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Beginner here.
>

> I'm trying to use sklearn in pycharm. When importing sklearn I get an error that reads "Import error: No module named sklearn" The project interpreter in pycharm is set to 2.7.10 (/anaconda/bin/python.app), which should be the right one. Under default preferenes, project interpreter, I see all of anacondas packages. I've double clicked and installed the packages scikit learn and sklearn. I still receive the "Import error: No module named sklearn"
>

> Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
>
> --

> It looks like they changed the name.  Maybe this link will help you:
>

> http://scikit-learn.org/stable/install.html
>

> --
>

> Joel Goldstick
> http://joelgoldstick.com

Thanks Joel.
1. In the terminal I get: Requirement already up-to-date: scikit-learn in /anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages"

2. In pycharm, a simple:
import sklearn
print sklearn.__file__

I get..

3. /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7 /Users/EdanMizrahi/PycharmProjects/untitled3/tryagain
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/EdanMizrahi/PycharmProjects/untitled3/tryagain", line 1, in <module>
    import sklearn
ImportError: No module named sklearn

Process finished with exit code 1