Einstein's Riddle

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 02:43:03 EDT 2015

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 21:27:47 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:

> I read once of a university that, upon decomissioning a mainframe, found
> a job that had been in the queue for many years but had never run.
> Probably some poor grad student's job.

Somewhere there's a computer sitting in the corner of a Pentagon office
that makes an unanswered modem call to a telephone somewhere once a week.

One day, someone will realise they have no idea why, and shut the
computer off.

When the doomsday silo on the other end stops receiving it's weekly
"everything is ok" message, it's going to nuke Beijing and Moscow .....

(I really really really hope that this is indeed fiction!)

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com