.bat file trouble.

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Sep 18 05:32:38 EDT 2015

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 07:06 pm, bobertini at googlemail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two files called module_scripts.py and build_q_scripts.bat.
>
> The problem being that when I go to run the bat file it produces a few
> errors which neither myself or the original owner of the files could
> understand.

Can you copy and paste the errors? I presume that they are words rather than
pictures. That way, people who use a screen reader can hear them, and so
can people who aren't able or willing to click on random URLs to strange
websites that will do who knows what.

> Errors:
>
> https://gyazo.com/c680f0d70cefe855c21ab0882d7c17b7

I get:

SSL error:host(gyazo.com)!=cert(*.gyazo.com)

and when I continue, I get:

Your browser is not supported in Gyazo.

so I'm afraid I cannot help you further unless I guess:

> We originally thought that it was because it was missing the files:
> process_init.py and process_global_variables.py however they are right
> there in the same directory.

I'm going to look into my crystal ball and see what the spirits say...

They say...

- is it a permissions problem?

- is it a path problem?

- what happens if you run this batch file instead?

@echo off
python -c "import sys; print(sys.version)"
echo Press any key to exit. . .
pause>nul

Is the printed version the version you expect?

--
Steven